Shannon Littlejohn is a seasoned editor with 17 years of journalistic experience and 12 years in graphic arts. She offers editing, writing and consulting on contractual or freelance basis.
- Book and manuscript editing
- Pre-press proofreading of monthly and quarterly publications
- Editing and proofreading of studies
- Reports and feature/news articles
- Consulting on newsletter creation
- Small journalistic publications
- Language skills and media access
- Writing feature/news articles
- Press releases
As commentary editor for The
Wichita Eagle for 11-1/2 years, Littlejohn reviewed and solicited
submissions, selecting or rejecting for publication letters to the editor,
bylined local commentaries and syndicated columns. Edited all commentary,
including letters, bylined pieces and staff-written editorials, for length,
content, clarity and grammar; wrote columns about local commentaries,
newspaper content and language usage.
As principle of Shannon Littlejohn Communications for the past six years, Littlejohn has edited monthly and quarterly newspapers and magazines; textbook and fiction manuscripts; grant summaries and proposals. She has written countless feature articles, news releases, reports and grant summaries, and is continually working on her own creative projects.